Sunday, January 22, 2012

Michael J H Leete, where are you?

Michael J H Leete of England wrote the definitive contemporary work on the Leets and Leetes, called "The Family Face."  I consider him to be the overall chief of the Leete/Leet genealogists. The work I have been doing is to electronically merge The Family Face with The Descendants of William Leete and add all the web information that has been made available.  In addition, I am trying to update all trees to current.

In order to verify some of my translation work, I've emailed Michael.  I have received no response.  Does anyone know how to get in touch with him?   Thanks,

2 comments:

  1. Roger Aagard sent this to me:

    1. In Phyllis's and my trees the crossover to England is with William Leete b. 1613, Dodington, Huntingdonshire, England, d. 1683-04-16 Hartford, Connecticut, USA and I cannot make a connection to the England Leetes.

    My answer was:

    I'll put another tree up as soon as I can on William Leete (Gov). I just changed his record to point to the other tree, though it hasn't been uploaded.

    There are two William Leetes, cousins. One was born in the summer of 1613; the other was "6 mo and more" when the 1613 visitation occurred. So... most trees make the obvious mistake of combining the two. Watch my blog.

    The "Leete-Leet NA Ancestors in England" tree is not "done." Several key questions remain. There are redundancies to remove, and, above all, there are church records as well as mistakes on places born I have to address. But it is better than what is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's on Facebook you might try there.

    ReplyDelete