Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 Ancestry.com Improvements and the Future

The new version of Ancestry.com provides improvements that have led to a change in my tree management strategy.  The new version allows Family Tree Maker trees to be "synchronized" with on line Ancestry trees.  Additionally, security controls have been improved:  easier to use and good quality.

My new strategy is to begin publishing all The Leete Family Association trees where I have made significant progress.  This doesn't mean they are complete or error free.  In fact, I'm hoping publication will speed the process of vetting the information and adding to it.

The trees are all "private."  However, with reasonable ID and justification, I will permit you to either read or edit a tree.  (There will eventually be several hundred.  I have about releasing about 50 in the near future.)

I may have said this in another blog entry, but I will say it again- the Leete-Leet web site, https://sites.google.com/site/leeteleetgenealogyna/, will provide stories, e-books, and memoirs that integrate the experiences and records of the Leets and Leetes of North America.  Thus, the Leete Family Association will provide a multi-dimensional portrait of our family.

We have to find a way to finance the Leete Family Association's work; I have voluntarily put in hundreds, if not thousands of hours over the past four years and have paid the membership dues, etc.  Therefore, it may be necessary to provide some of this material in "e-book" form, with some kind of merchandizing arrangement with Amazon.  Your thoughts on this?  Use the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment