Thursday, February 10, 2011

Leete/Leet Line Starting with Roland Leete (#51) Asahel Leet

So, I've been working on my ancestry line using the 2011 Family Tree Maker, which finally has a lot of the publishing tools I need.  To get right to the point- I've been in contact with the Tinmouth, VT town clerk.  She says there is a Leet(?e) cemetery in the town.  That's a new piece of information.  One of the week links in the Roland Leete story was that of his son, Asahel.  She may help me piece some of that family together.  But I have a question: 
 
There is a town in CT called Torrington.  Asahel was not a common Leete name.  I have found an Asahel in that town's history!  Google has been scanning some rare books and making them available on line.  That's how I found this.  The Asahel I found joined the Continental Army at Torrington and I'll tell the rest of the story once I get some pieces of information.  My question:  would it make sense for Asahel, who I assume was from the Guilford area, to muster at Torrington?  Can you folks in CT help?  Just attach your comments to this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment