Thursday, November 3, 2016

Using Gedmatch.com

I have started a tutorial on using Gedmatch.com.  Basically, I am copying stuff from the email of one of our cousins.  Here is what he says:

Once one posts their "kit" to gedmatch, the learning curving involves the following tools:

1. one-to-many : a list of your 2000 strongest matches.
2. one-to-one: a chromosome browser to look at a particular match. NB setting thresholds, weak matches
3. people-who-match-one-or-both-kits: this is the freebee for triangulations, many nuances
4. multiple-kit-analysis: for example to keep track of our Leet/Leete connected kits and who matches who.
5. fun tools, eye color predictor and "are your parents related", creating a phased kit for an unavailable parent
6. tier 1 tools. What paying an optional donation of $10 gets you.

So we need a tutorial on each tool.  I'll add to this post as he helps me and I figure out how to communicate it.  I expect the post will actually be a link to another post, but this will be the index to help.  Duane Leet

No comments:

Post a Comment