Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gaining access to trees and stories- moving to a financial model to support future work on Leete genealogy

I have some 60 trees on ancestry.com in various stages of vetting.  I am permitting individuals to view the trees according to the criteria:

  1. Leete/Leets or descendants
  2. Understand the trees have errors in them and communicate the errors to me
  3.  Will contribute pictures, stories, etc to those trees directly related to their ancestry
Finally, they will contribute a small amount to support the work.  (optional, but important)  I'll try to have more information on this last item; ie, how much, how to pay, what terms, etc. 

I'm still working on a viable business model for this effort.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  I can imagine that I might create e-books and charge a fee for access.  For example, the links on the web site would be restricted to those who have subscribed... Kind of like premium content.  Or I could charge for a customized book on your ancestry.

I should mention that one of my objectives is to transfer responsibility for each branch of the tree to someone in that branch who will maintain the information.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment