Saturday, February 4, 2012

The two Williams

In a couple of on-line trees the crossover to England is with William Leete b. 1613, Dodington, Huntingdonshire, England, d. 1683-04-16 Hartford, Connecticut, USA and I cannot make a connection to the England Leetes.

My answer was: 

I'll put another tree up as soon as I can on William Leete (Gov). I just changed his record to point to the other tree, though it hasn't been uploaded. 

There are two William Leetes, cousins. One was born in the summer of 1613; the other was "6 mo and more" when the 1613 visitation occurred. So... most trees make the obvious mistake of combining the two.  

The "Leete-Leet NA Ancestors in England" tree is not "done." Several key questions remain. There are redundancies to remove, and, above all, there are church records as well as mistakes on places born I have to address. But it is better than what is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment