Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Leete-Leet North America Genealogy Blog

There are several places Leetes and/or Leets have used to discuss the family's genealogy.  These include:
I could go on.  Google "Leete and Leet forums genealogy" for a complete list. 

The MyFamily web site is the primary one for my current mission:  updating the Leete, Leet genealogy for North America.  I've found a number of limitations with that site:
  • It requires registration.  This is good to protect personal information, and I will continue to use that site.  However, some people find it difficult to use, and it does not show up in search engine results. 
  • It is limited in format.  This is a key issue.  I need to generate complex documents, with pictures, text, links, etc.  I can code in html and that function is provided, but it is a pain.  With the availability of "Windows Live Writer" and the the Google Suite, with its advanced features for embedding all kinds of gadgets, including slide shows and movies, MyFamily.com has become "transitional."
  • MyFamily.com is owned by Ancestry.com.  The put legal restrictions on everything.  The Leete and Leet families should own their own history! 
So, I've created a new web site using the Google Suite: Leete Leet Family Genealogye NA.  This blog is a supplement to the web site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment